Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Annual Physical

Yesterday was my time to face the music with my doctor of more than twenty years and yes, she had some rather stern words for me about my overall health and lack of exercise.
Cousin Ereline and I were chatting recently about good topics that we should consider of inclusion in our blog with our overall theme about helping others and we agreed that ‘health’ and ‘healthy habits’ seem pretty important. 
While surfing the Internet the other day, I found this article on 13 Healthy Habits to Improve Your Life  ( http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/13-healthy-habits-to-improve-your-life ) - simple, common sense habits that we should all practice.
13 Healthy Habits to Improve Your Life
  • Healthy Habit # 1: Eat Breakfast Every Morning
  • Healthy Habit # 2: Add Fish and Omega-3 Fatty Acids to Your Diet 
  • Healthy Habit # 3: Get Enough Sleep 
  • Healthy Habit # 4: Make Social Connections
  • Healthy Habit # 5: Exercise for Better Health 
  • Healthy Habit # 6: Practice Good Dental Hygiene 
  • Healthy Habit # 7: Take Up a Hobby
  • Healthy Habit # 8: Protect Your Skin
  • Healthy Habit # 9: Snack the Healthy Way
  • Healthy Habit # 10: Drink Water and Eat Dairy
  • Healthy Habit # 11: Drink Tea
  • Healthy Habit # 12: Take Daily Walks
  • Healthy Habit # 13: Plan
 In future updates we will get into more details of these healthy habits and seek your comments. 

How many of these habits do you practice? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...