Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Raspberry Tart - Yummm


Today is National Raspberry Tart Day.   In case you're wondering, a tart is a type of pie with an open top. Sweetened fruits such as raspberries are often arranged on the pastry and then baked in the oven. 

Raspberries are a small red fruit, about the size of a blueberry, not to be confused with sticking your tongue out and blowing, which is also called a raspberry.  Another raspberry would be a mark you get on your backside when sliding into a base while playing baseball or softball.

I must admit that I’m not all too familiar with products made with raspberries.  In fact the only thing I can think of that I had with raspberries are shortbread cookies with raspberry topping from Knotts Berry Farm.  I have to tell you they are some kind of good!

So if you are a clueless about raspberries as I am, or even if you are familiar with them, take time out today to celebrate Raspberry Tart Day with a nice big slice.  I found this recipe, and it looks easy enough for me, so I’m gonna learn something new today, and hope you do the same!

Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
4 cups fresh raspberries
1 (8 ounce) jar raspberry jam

Directions
In a medium bowl, blend together the flour, butter and sugar. Chill mixture for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Pat chilled mixture into a 9 inch tart pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Once out of the oven, allow to cool.
Arrange raspberries in crust. Heat jar of jam in microwave until it begins to boil. Pour jam over fruit. Cover and refrigerate tart for about 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...