Tuesday, October 11, 2011

P-a-r-t-y

By Diane Forrest,

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to
Cry if I want to, cry if I want to
You would cry too if it happened to you

May, 1963 was a great time, not only was it my birthday, but the number 1 pop music song was “It's my Party” by Leslie Gore, she was only 16 at the time.  The song is a sad song, but the great music makes it a great dancing song.


The words to the song are about this girl having a party, her boyfriend leaves the room and another girl leaves with him, holding his hand.  She is confused and wants to be left alone till he comes back.  When he does come back, he is still with the other girl and now she is wearing his ring.

Most people celebrate their birthday with a party at least once in their life.  There are parties for graduation, weddings, birth of a baby or moving to a new home.  Today is It's my Party Day.  While it may not be your birthday, or no upcoming reasons to celebrate, why not throw a party anyway just to celebrate.

It doesn't have to be a huge event, you can invite a few friends over for pizza and a movie.  Maybe you found a new recipe you want to try; maybe you just want to let your hair down, play some old records and act silly for a while.


Whatever you decide to do, have a great time...you can cry if you want to, but hope you end up smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...