Thursday, November 17, 2011

11/17 World Peace Day



By Diane Forrest,

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

This song, titled Imagine was written in the early 70's by John Lennon.  During the Vietnam War era he actively sang and wrote about peace.  This was a change for him from his early life, where he admittedly fought with men and hit women.  His life and his views changed to become a peaceful and tolerant person.

in 2000 a movie with Sandra Bullock came out called Miss Congeniality.  She played an FBI agent who had to pose as a beauty contestant to track a bomber.  As she was ridiculing the other pageant participants saying that all they want is world peace.  However by the end of the movie when she was accepting the award for Miss Congeniality, she admits that she really does want world peace.


While world peace is an ideal goal, peace must first begin at home.  So today, on World Peace Day practice peace in your home, your neighborhood, at work or school and plant the seed of peace.

1 comment:

  1. Think about how much happier everyone would be if there was less conflict and more peace.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...