Thursday, August 30, 2012

Love Litigating Lawyer's Day - NOT

(Google Image) 

By Diane Forrest

I love watching old Matlock and Perry Mason reruns.  Every now and then I like watching Law and Order.  Every Day I go spend an hour with my fathrer and watch Judge Judy.  You would think that I really like lawyers. Over the past 17 years I have been dealing with lawyers none stop.  And one thing I can say without a doubt, I do not love lawyers!
(Google Image) 
It is not fair to lump them all in the same category.  In fact when I was younger, I wanted to be a lawyer.  My father would not pay for me to go to law school.  He told me that it was because he didn't want to be embarrassed when someone asked what I did for a living. There have been a couple of lawyers in my family.  I never met them, but heard stories.

Lawyers are beneficial to the protection of rights for the public.  I have been dealing with worker's compensation lawyers since my husband became injured in 1995.  Some of the attorneys he had actually helped him get the things necessary for his injury, however many did not.  Many of the lawyers we encountered were only concerned about how they would benefit if they helped him.  I guess I can understand their predicaments.  After all that is how they earn a living, and provide for their families.
(Google Image) 
While we may make frequent lawyer jokes, the fact remains, that if you need assistance, they will help to get you out of a jam.

Lawyers can assist you with estate issues, divorces, if you are injured, or bankrupt.  If you are wrongly accused of a crime or other injustice, they are there on your side as well.

My father always brags that he has never had to use an attorney, but he has.  You need one to file a will or even buy a house.
(Google Image) 
Today is Love Litigating Lawyer's Day.  I couldn't find where this day originated, however it was suggested that every profession had to have a day, whether we liked it or not, and today is the day for Lawyers. While they may not be at the top of your list of favorite people, remember they are there to protect you when the chips are down.  So today, give your lawyer a call, and let him know you appreciate the work he does on your behalf.  If you don't have a lawyer, maybe you know one as a friend.  Everyone, even lawyers, deserves a pat on the back and a "Well Done!"  So...while it may just be "The luck of the Spin" that gave them this day, try to give them some thanks for the good they have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...