Friday, October 12, 2012

Universal Music Day

(Google Image) 
By Diane Forrest

It’s a cold, cloudy rainy afternoon, so I'm sitting in front of the television watching a movie that I taped a while back, well actually there are three of them.  It's the series of High School Musical.  I love watching them and singing along with the songs.  I have always wondered why nobody at my school never broke out into song and dance.  Every time I'm feeling blue, a musical will always pick me up.  I love the show tunes, and think about singing in the rain with Gene Kelly.

There is nothing better than brightening your mood than to sing a song.  I love singing, since I was small I sang at church, then later I was in several choirs at school and church, and when I became a mother I sang to my baby every day.

I have a friend who will go out for breakfast in the morning and start the day rocking to different songs on his earphones.  I have a special CD I play when I travel in my car, it was my husband's favorite, and I turn it up and sing the songs over and over until I reach my destination.

My family sings as well.  My father used to sing in the church choir until he began having throat problems, my mother makes a "joyful noise" at church, and is often seen out shopping singing "Jingle Bells" no matter what time of year it is. My son is not much of a singer, but he loves to play the guitar, and loves listening to music.  In fact he went out of town to hear a concert this weekend.

(Google Image) 
Today is Universal Music day.  The goals for this day include:
  • to support the 80% of people who WISH they could sing or play an instrument. They will then be your best supporters of the Arts.
  • to keep Music in the schools
  • to bring Music making into corporations
  • to bring MUSIC to the bedside for sick and dying.
  • to bring MUSIC back into the home.
(Google Image) 

According to their website at universalmusicday.com, their mission is to Encourage people to make MUSIC — sound, silence, vibrations, from their HEARTS with the intention of creating LOVE, JOY, BEAUTY, COMPASSION AND CREATIVE LIVING.  Music is something that just brings people together, and there are all kinds of styles and types of music.  There is rock and roll, classical, jazz, country, opera, rap, heavy metal, and others.  According to Plato, Music gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.

So today, on Universal Music Day, Sing...sings a song; sing out loud...sing out strong!!!  Sing of good things not bad....sing of happy not say, Sing, sing a song, make it simple to last the whole day long...don’t worry if it’s not good enough for anyone else to hear, just sing...sing a song!!!!

(Google Image) 

1 comment:

  1. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. Camp Fire Sounds

    ReplyDelete

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...