Thursday, December 27, 2012

Card Playing Day

(Google Image

By Diane Forrest

I love playing cards; in fact, some would say I'm a Spades Junkie.  I would spend hours at a time playing spades online.  However, since they changed the format on the site I play on; I haven't played in a while.  I still play solitaire most every day on the program on my computer.
(Google Image
I have always grown up playing some type of card game.  That was before video games were invented.  I played Old Maid, Go Fish, War, Crazy 8's, Uno, then I moved on to games like Spades, Poker and Solitaire when I couldn’t find anyone to play with.

(Google Image
Today is Card Playing Day.  If your kids are out of school and you still have family in town visiting, but don't have anything to do, break out a deck of cards and play some of everyone's favorite games.  It’s a great way to spend time together, and form bonds, and interact with your family instead of playing a video game.  It’s a free source of entertainment, and doesn't require batteries!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...