Saturday, February 23, 2013

Banana Nut Bread Day - Yum!!


(Google Image)

By Chef Diane

I love banana bread; it’s more like a cake than bread.  It’s easy to make, and easy to mail to all my relatives for special occasions.  My husband's aunt has a birthday coming up, and I will be fixing her a loaf to help celebrate.  Once I make it...I freeze it so when it gets there, it’s thawed and fresh, and delicious.
(Google Image)
Banana bread is full of potassium and protein (if you use nuts).  My grandmother would make it for me often, and she gave me her recipe before she died.  Here is a copy of it.

Today is Banana Nut Bread Day.  If you don't have a favorite recipe, try this one, and celebrate this fun day!

(Google Image)
Banana Bread

Ingredients

1/2 cup corn oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 ripe bananas
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I normally use a loaf pan, but you can also use a Bundt pan too. Spray with cooking oil.
Cream oil and sugar; add eggs, 1 at a time.
Sift dry ingredients mix with creamed butter.
Add mashed bananas and nuts.
Bake for 1 hour or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...