Thursday, February 28, 2013

Letter of Appreciation




By Diane Forrest

I love thank you notes.  I think they are very important.  I feel that if someone takes the time to go out of their way to buy you a gift, or do you a favor, you should thank them for it in writing.  I hated writing them when I was young, but as I have gotten older, I realize how important it is to let someone know you appreciate their thoughtfulness.

Another way to show appreciation is by writing a letter of appreciation.  There are people who come into our lives all the time.  Many of them do nice an unexpected things for you, something that will get you out of a jam, or fix any problem you may have.

This week is the time to show those people that you appreciate what they do for you.  Some people on my list to write include the sheriff’s department, who made several tries to find the stolen flowers from my husband's grave, the trash collectors who not only empty my trash can when I don't even set it out. But they put it back in the spot that I keep it.  My father's neighbor who works as a landscaper, who showed up at my home the other morning and trimmed my shrubs, which are too tall for me to reach, my friends who call me and keep me company during the days and night, send me funny emails and help me to forget about the problems of the day. The people who work at the electricity company, who work outside in all types of weather, and do a great job keeping my power on even during thunder storms and tornados.

I’m sure if you think about it, you have many people on your list that you appreciate too.  Letter writing is a lost art.  People are either: emailing, texting, or twittering.  This is National Letter of Appreciation Week.  Take a few minutes, and write a letter to one or more of the people in your life that has help you in some way.  Not only will it bring a smile to their face for the acknowledgement of their good deed, but you may even get a bonus of another kind act.

[All images from Google.com]

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this blog. That's all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something thats eye opening and important. You clearly know so much about the subject, you've covered so many bases. Great stuff from this part of the internet. Again, thank you for this blog. best organic rice Your post is providing good information. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates. I really appreciated this post. Just want to say thank you for the information you have shared. Just continue writing this kind of post.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...