Friday, May 10, 2013

Hey You – Yes you – Clean Your Room!



By Diane Forrest
Every Christmas Eve, before we could open presents, (yes we opened presents on Christmas Eve because Santa came in the morning) we had to clean the house.  The worst job - one that I always got, was cleaning the baseboards.  I'm so glad my mother never heard of National Clean Up Your Room Day!

Today is a day that all kids dread, and all parent's love!  This is actually a good time to clean, if you have kids at home.  It's the end of the school year, and all the clutter and homework and school stuff can be tossed out and the room clean and ready for the new school year to begin.

Today is not just for kids though.  I have a bookshelf that has been screaming at me to clean.  It is full of old school books, income tax receipts, photo albums and even a few regular old books.

So today, on National Clean up Your Room Day, I’m gonna dedicate this day to my bookcase, and if there is still any time left, I will do the rest of the room too.  So what are you waiting for??? Go Clean!
(All images from Google) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...